Super Visa for Parents and Grand Parents
Super Visa is a tailor-made visa document for elders (parents or grandparents) to visit their child who is working or studying in . Using super visa, one can stay with their children in for up to two years without renewing the visa status.
The government introduced its Super Visa scheme in 2012 for facilitating its immigrants to invite their families to live and stay in together. Since the day this visa scheme got launched, more than 89000 parents and grandparents of immigrants who have permanent residency or citizenship status from different nations have visited . It includes 36000 Indians who top the list.
These numbers show the flexibility rate of super visa for parents or grandparents and depict the contribution of Indian individuals living in and their role in this particular nation. As a responsible immigration consultant, we offer our clients the proper navigation in reaching their exact destination in this land of maple leaves.
Eligibility – Getting Super Visa
Here are the eligibility criteria for super visa:
- The concerned person must convince the visa officer that they are just visiting their children in and will return to their nation once the allotted period gets over.
- They must provide a record of their financial status, including a letter of financial support from their children or grandchildren who live in .
- The applicants must provide a letter of invitation from their children or grandchildren who live in .
- Applicants must submit a copy of the income requirements earned by the child or grandchild. The income assessment will be made based on any one of the following aspects:
A recent copy of tax returns
The latest copy of T4 or T1
Employment insurance pay-stubs
- The applicants visiting must undergo a thorough medical checkup by a certified physician.
- The entire amount incurred to get a super visa must be paid in dollars.
Super Visa vs Visitor Visa – Which One is Right for You?
The eligibility criteria for acquiring a super visa primarily depend on the applicants’ relationship with the permanent resident or citizens in . It also determines the validity of the visa type. If you fulfil all the super visa requirements, you can stay in the country for up to two years.
In contrast, a visitor visa is only valid for six months, and you can only prolong your stay by applying for an extension. Hence, the super visa is a stellar choice if you fulfil all the requirements. If not, then go with a visitor visa. In addition, multiple other types of visas exist for applicants for visiting . You can get in touch with Croyez Immigration, the top visa consultant, and our consultants will guide you to pick the right pathway.
Super Visa Extension
Super visa for parents and grandparents is valid for up to two years. If you plan to extend your stay in the country, you will have to apply for a visa extension. It is recommended to apply for an extension before 30 days of the expiration date. But, this should not alarm you. You can remain in the country while your request for an extension is processed.
Since the approval rate for a super visa for parents is nearly 83%, the chances of applicants getting an extension are high. But, many factors influence the request, including the country you are from, health conditions, fund requirements, among others.
Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship
Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship is an alternative to super visa for parents and grandparents, where the applicants can pursue permanent immigration. The primary requirement for this sponsorship is that the person you aim to live within should be able to support you financially and ensure that they do not require social assistance from the government.