Skilled Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 489)
Skilled Regional Provisional visa is for the people who wish to live and work in Specified regions in Australia. It is a temporary visa valid for 4 years. There are two pathways for Subclass 489.
- Extended Stay Pathway
- Invited Pathway
Advantages in Subclass 489 Visa
- Using this visa the applicant can move on to Australia with their family.
- The subclass 489 visa provides the privilege of residing anywhere in Specified regions of Australia
- Travel In and Out of Australia while the Visa valid
- This visa program avails an extra perk of pursuing higher studies while working in Australia.
Extended Stay Pathway- Subclass 489
To become eligible for this pathway, the Applicant must hold at least one valid provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496. If the applicant holds more than one provisional visa listed above. He/she might not eligible to use this pathway to apply for a Skilled Regional provisional Visa.
Applicant should Complete Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal visa application and need to ensure they meet all the eligibility requirements for the Extended Stay
- Should willing to sign Australian Values Statement
- Meet the health requirements
- Meet the character Requirements
- Should clear all debts to the Australian Government
Invited Pathway- Subclass 489
If the applicant not holding any provisional visa or filing application outside Australia can use this pathway to enter Australia to work and live.
To apply under this pathway applicant should receive an Invitation to apply.for that applicant must be
- Sponsored by an eligible relative who is living in designated areas of Australia or
- Nominated by a state or territory government agency.
Eligibility Criteria for Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
- Check your occupation is on the skilled Occupation List, an applicant whose Occupation is on the list only can apply for a skilled regional visa.
- In order to eligible for subclass 489, the Applicant should complete skilled Assessments from their respective Assessing authority.
- Submit an Express of Interest through skill select
- The applicant should be under 45 years of age at the time of receiving Invitation.
- Should score at least Competent English level in a Language exam
- Willing to sign AustralianValuesStatement
- Should not have anydebtstotheAustralian Government
- Should meet health requirements
- Should meet Character requirements